Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Divalicious Restaurant Reviews: Clementine

Hey Divas, I'm happy to report that I have some lovely halibut to make for dinner. I'm still deciding what to do with it, but I have some lovely organic peas that will most likely be incorporated, and possibly some kind of quinoa. Any ideas? Give me a shout out!

In the meantime, I had a lovely day! First, I went for a hike with my two best girlfriends in Baldwin park. We each either had a doggie or a baby in tow, so it was like a parade of cuteness. The Adorable Monster had a great time! Then, we met Kuzak for a fab lunch at Clementine, one of my favorite places in Los Angeles. They specialize in homecooked seasonal fare, always reminding me that great ingredients make for great food, no matter how simple it appears. The house cured turkey sandwich was to die for, complete with gruyere, braised cabbage and thousand island dressing. Top that with the ginger limeade and peanut butter cookies, and it's a lunch made in heaven. I also love their homemade pickles that accompany each sandwich.

Alright, hopefully I can power out some work and then get to cooking! Wish me luck...

Diva Rating: 3 1/2 stars (out of 5 stars)

Clementine
1751 Ensley Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90024

(310) 552-1080

4 comments:

  1. April is Grilled Cheese Month, so you ahve to go back and try out some of their special grilled cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the grilled cheese sandwiches there looked divine!! Lots were munching on them! Thanks for mention this!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clementine is one of my favorites for breakfast. The Clentine breakfast biscuit is insanely good. and then finish off the meal with a yummy choc o nut chew.mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I want to go for bfast now!! Thanks Challen.

    xo

    ReplyDelete